The Internet is swarming with poor websites that miss both technical and content requirements. Often there is limited knowledge of what is required and you need to go well beyond aesthetics to optimise website success. Your web developer should be working hard behind the scenes for you and here’s a useful checklist to help monitor your progress.
- Fast Loading – No one wants to wait (and wait) for your site to load. Design sites with prompt loading times on all devices. You can use Pingdom to check your website speed.
- Mobile Friendly – Virtually everyone uses mobile devices. Create an engaging, mobile-friendly design that your audience can access whenever and wherever they want.
- Tracking Enabled – Analytics matter – it’s the best way to determine if your website is doing its job. Your website should offer key indicators like traffic, goals and conversions.
- Video Content – Video is gigantic – a key SEO ranking signal. Research also shows that video increases the understanding of a product by up to 74%.
- Landing Pages – Inbound marketing a major trend. Compelling landing page offers on your website will entice new sales leads into your database.
- Social Media – Your website extends social media leverage and will broaden channel reach. Do you have an effective social media strategy?
- Strong Security – Never compromise on security. Every website should include security and privacy and an SSL certificate will encrypt and protect user data.
So there you have it, a useful website checklist to help guide your online investment decisions.
Is your website is up to standard? For an independent assessment, try our FREE website review.
Sources: Breeze, Forbes [abridged]