We all know that it’s more fun to look at pretty pictures or watch cool videos than it is to read plain text.
Why is that? Our brains do less work to digest visual content, first of all. And, more compellingly for marketers, visual content drives more traffic and engagement than plain text does. In many ways, infographics have similar benefits to high engagement video content. They are also a great way to gain referral traffic.
It stands to reason that there is compelling data on why visual content and infographics are so effective — and why brands can benefit from using infographics in their marketing.
Recent research by Market Domination Media highlighted why consumers love infographics, and why infographics are extremely effective in sales and marketing:
Here are some of the main research findings:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster by the brain
- 40% respond better to visual information than text
- Infographics are 30 times more likely to be read than a text article
- Businesses that feature infographics grow 12% faster than those who don’t
Are you interested in developing your infographic content?
Source: Market Domination Media / Hubspot