How to Hire a Top Marketing Manager
New faces are joining marketing teams everywhere to help improve online engagement and grow demand from inbound marketing sources. Why? Because to enable revenue growth we need to scale both paid programs as well as inbound programs including SEO, Social Media and high engagement content such as video marketing.
With the growing dominance of digital, the landscape has changed dramatically and the chart below from The CMO Club shows what skills are the most coveted by marketing executives.
But what qualities are key in an inbound marketing expert?
Your ideal candidate should understand that inbound marketing is not just about producing flashy content but about customer relationships. They need to be able to implement systems that help build your sales pipeline, nurture leads and convert them into revenue. With over 18 million users, Zoho is a leader in cloud software and one of globe’s fastest-growing enterprise companies.
So what are the characteristics of a top content marketing manager?
- Passion for creating and managing social media and content marketing strategies
- Knowledge of how to leverage social networks, segment customers and nurture sales prospects
- Thought leadership – sharing ideas and creating content for blogs and stakeholder resources
- Content expertise including the ability to manage video programs
- Lots of energy and ability to be a revenue champion for the organisation
Qualifications – required experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two year’s social media experience with B2B organisations
- Experience developing a content marketing strategy including video, mobile and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, You Tube and other)
- Experience with social media monitoring tools
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems and sales lead management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing skills
Of course, finding top talent is not always easy or affordable [NB. average marketing manager salaries range from $80,000-$120,000]. But don’t despair, there’s always the highly cost effective option of outsourcing your marketing.
[Source: Marketo – abridged]